WESTPORT EDUCATION COUNCIL
(Agenda subject to change in accordance with the law)
PUBLIC CALL FOR ORDER
6:00 p.m., Staples High School, 1025C
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Superintendent of Schools Performance Evaluation
RESUMPTION OF THE OPEN MEETING/OATH OF ALLEGIANCE
7:00 p.m., Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
RECOGNITION OF RETIREES
Jamie Avellino, Beth Ballard, Harriet Carusi, Camille Eskell, Joyce Evans, Colin Forde, Deborah Gallon, Jewel Gould, Laurie Gray, John Horrigan, Karleen Hunter, Lynne Karmen, Josephine Lodewick,
Lisa Loechner, Barbara Maisonpierre, Susan Marnell, Aparajita Mathur, Terry Morgan, Adelina Parisi, Christine Pyrch, Kathleen Raby, Patricia Ruther, Joanne Samela, Carolyn Santella, AJ Scheetz,
Annette Tait, Jorge Vazquez, Kathleen Wolfe, Clare Woodman, Tracy Wright
RECOGNITION OF PTA CO-PRESIDENTS
Stefanie Shackelford, Elena Caggiano, Claudia Shaum, Tami Benanav, Michele Carey-Moody,
Kerri Sorensen, Marisa Zer, Jill Dillon, Katie Hill, Amy Herrera, Julie Fitzpatrick, Lindsay Shurman,
Jeni Bianco, Marisa Timperman, Robin Lewis, Elsa Morgan, Paula Soto, Jennifer Sydor,
BREAK FOR THE RECEPTION
BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION ANNOUNCEMENTS
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: June 6 and 7, 2022
1. Strategic plan Mr. Thomas Scarice
1. Holistic Recommendation for Long Lots School Building Mr. Thomas Scarice
Mr. Elio Longo
2. Mr. Thomas Scarice Gifts
3. School meals program 2022-23 Mr. Elio Longo
4. Authorization to sign contracts Mr. Thomas Scarice
*A 2/3 vote is required to go into executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier Channel 6021 and via video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
• Comments on items not on the agenda will take place during the first 15 minutes, except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
• The Board will not engage in dialogue on items that are not on the agenda.
• The public can take the floor when items on the agenda are raised for discussion or information.
• Speakers on items not on the agenda are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior agreement with the chairman.
• Speakers on items on the agenda are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior agreement with the chairman.
• Speakers must give their name and address and use a microphone.
• As per council policy, speakers must be residents or city employees
• Answers to questions may be delayed if answers are not immediately available.
• Public comments are not normally invited for topics listed for action after they have been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.