The radars of the Providence school zone reactivated on Monday
PROVIDENCE, RI (WPRI) – School zone speed cameras in Providence will be reactivated on Monday, imposing fines immediately.
The cameras were off when the schools were on winter vacation.
There are fourteen speed cameras in school zones that will operate on school days from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and any vehicle exceeding the posted speed limit of 20 mph will automatically be issued a $ 50 ticket.
- 93 Cranston Street, Providence Career and Technical Academy
- Dexter Street to Waldo Street, Alfred Lima Elementary School
- 387 Branch Avenue, A-Venture Academy
- 187 Douglas Avenue, Times Academy 2
- 593, avenue de l’Académie, Académie LaSalle
- 50, avenue Laurel Hill, realization of the first academy of mayors
- 773 Chalkstone Avenue, Nathanael Greene College
- 114 Olney Street, Hope High School
- 179 Thurbers Avenue, Roger Williams Middle School
- 417 Charles Street, Esek Hopkins College
- 301 Butler Avenue, Lincoln School
- 812 Douglas Avenue, Veazie Street School
- 156 reservoir avenue, primary school on reservoir avenue
- 520 Hope Street, Providence Center School
Additionally, the city will add new cameras on February 1. Police said they would announce the new locations later this month. These cameras will issue warnings for the first thirty days.